T3 Apprentice Program
Theatre Three is proud to offer this unique apprenticeship opportunity to people who have just graduated college and are interested in a career in professional theatre. Apprentices serve as part of the production team of Theatre Three for one full season and receive a weekly stipend of $300.
We are looking for two apprentices to serve as either a season production assistant OR as an assistant to the technical director. This program also serves to develop new skills in areas that apprentices might not be familiar with so both apprentices should be willing and prepared to work outside of their specialty.
As a Production Assistant, you can expect:
- to work side-by-side with an Equity Stage Manager during all rehearsals
- to be an active participant in all production meetings with some of DFW’s best directors and designers
- to either run lights and sound or manage backstage during performances
- to serve as properties master on productions you are working on
As an Assistant to the Technical Director, you can expect:
- to assist the Technical Director with the build, installation, and strike of a set.
- to assist the Master Electrician with hang and focus
- to assist the Scenic Painter
- to assist with general building maintenance
Both apprentices can expect to gain the experience they want and develop the connections they need as they make the transition from student to working professional.
The application deadline for the apprenticeship is Friday, March 3, 2017.
To apply, please send a cover letter specifying your interest in this program, a resume, and two letters of recommendations to: email@example.com